Monday, March 24, 2008

An Interesting Area

I am happy to have grown up in the metropolitan St. Louis area. Lately, I've seen more of the Illinois side of the river (Mississippi River - that big muddy thing that rolls down between Missouri and Illinois) than I had for months and months. Trips to Alton, Belleville, Wood River, Granite City, Madison, Shiloh, Mascoutah, O'Fallon (IL), have all been for a variety of reasons. Family ties are in the Madison County area, while the trips to St. Clair County have been for several reasons, including business and pleasure.

Having been to the beautiful parts of both Missouri and Illinois during the late winter and early spring, I've found myself even more glad that I never moved to a region where there is only ONE or TWO seasons each year. I PREFER FOUR SEASONS, thank you very much.

Snow (lots of it). Rain (lots of it). 70F (could have been more, but two or three days ain't bad for here). 28F (some would argue plenty, some not enough). Sunshine. Clouds. Full moon (even an eclipse this year). These are things for which I hope I NEVER take for granted. They've been such an integral part of my 2008 - and I hope to re-read this blog entry to make myself recall the early memories of this year.

No comments: